- Last year we used 100% of donated money to plan and execute excursions
- We are a full volunteer run non-profit organization
- 1 excursion costs $30 to $40 per student on average to execute
- We are looking to send 100 students on excursions this school year
2. Nominate Your Students for an Excursion
- Nominate your students that are at the “tipping point” to participate in excursions
- We have done excursions with students from 6th grade to 12th grade
- Act as a liaison between IGNITE and families: distribute and collect permission paperwork and complete a short survey after the excursion has occurred
3. Volunteer as an Excursion leader
- Lead excursions with students
- Excursions are usually held on Saturday from around 9am to around 3pm.
- Facilitate conversations with students from different parts of greater Newark about personal and academic goals and means to attain them
- Partner with other excursion leaders
- A great way to explore the area
4. Research a New Excursion
- Help plan a new excursion that we have never done!
- We have run 8 different excursions ranging from hiking to college visits to NYC trips
- We are always looking for excursions that fit with nominated students’ interests and will ignite their fire for learning
- College trips are particularly popular for high school students! Plan one to your alma mater (as an excursion leader)
5. Join an execution committee.
- Growth, Partnerships, and Development Committee
- Matching and Logistics Committee
- Media and Publications Committee